Wednesday, September 2, 2009

spread too thin

I wish I was talking about my thighs but alas, I am not. I am talking about the schedules we put ourselves on...
6:30 wake-up/make coffee - (okay more like 6:55 after i hit the snooze 3x)
7:00 get kids up and dressed and fed and clothed and backpacked and lunched.
7:45 get kids to school, wait around while said kids get into the right classes, teachers, office stops, lost and founds.
8:20-make phone calls to friends because God knows it is the only chance i will get to talk all day.
8:30 hit the trails for a run.
9:30 come home to shower, Safeway does NOT need to smell me this way.
9:45 check my email and drink the coffee i have long forgotten about but now truly need.
10:00 try to send non-snarky replies to emails from PTA's, MEF's, MJWC's (you get the picture)
11:00 go grocery shopping, oh the monotony could kill me.
11:45 pick up kindergartner.
12:15 lunch with above mentioned cranky devil (kindergartner)
1:00 play stuffed animals or other game which i need to use my brain to not set off a particularly edgy 5 year old.
1:45 pick up 2nd grader.
2:15 snack and t.v
3ish homework and swimming or bike riding or skateboarding... something outside!
4ish husband home and mad because the house is a mess. (it really is but seriously... mad?)
5ish start dinner and ignore fighting kids.
6ish eat dinner and ignore fighting kids.
7 re-check email for bitter responses.
7:30 thank god, bed and books.
8:30 trashy television and if i am lucky some writing.

this is my choice of schedule, i am sure i can tweak it one way or another but for the most part it works... accept for the 3 meetings i have missed this week, 2 forgotten lunches and one back to school fiasco. i am spread too thin and something has got to give, i think it's going to be the cranky husband!

1 comment: