Wednesday, May 13, 2009

running partner

Let me start by saying, I hate my dog. On a day to day basis, more like minute to minute, I hate my dog. She is the WORST dog in the world. She barks, she doesn't listen, she begs all day for food. I know it's not her fault, we flunked out of puppy school. She had some hard shoes to fill since I used to have the BEST dog in the world. I know, there is pressure. And pressure never does anyone any good. I learned the best way to relieve the pressure was to take her running. And that is what we have done, we have logged hundreds of miles, up hills, over streams, through the woods. Thousands of ticks later and she is still not tired. On the pavement, town to town and back again, foxtails and poison oak, she is still not tired. Horses to look at, Cow piles to eat and turkeys to chase, nope, not tired yet. But what I just realized today is, I am tired. And when I am tired I don't feel the pressure and I am not stressed and she no longer seems to be the worst dog in the world. Holy Crap, it wasn't her at all, it was me.... all along, it was me. Sorry puppy, here's a treat. Wanna go for a run?

No comments:

Post a Comment